6 Herodotus, the earliest author we know of to have used the term “Philhellene”, does so with reference not to a Greek, but to a barbarian ruler.
What race is ancient Greek?
Quote from video: We often think of ancient greek society as white. But the ancient world including greece was a diverse. Place full of different people from different places who define themselves by their ethnicity.
- Is there any evidence in history to suggest that there was a Melanchro (dark-skinned) population in Colchis as claimed by Herodotus?
- Who were the Hermotybians and Calascirians mentioned as making up the warrior caste of Egypt by Herodotus
- Fat jokes in ancient Greek comedies
- Why are there so few Greeks and Macedonians in India?
- What were the ethnic backgrounds of the slaves in Ancient Greece?
- How was Herodotus able to get accounts of the Battle of Thermopylae?
- Who were Alexander’s historians that wrote about Indian social conditions?