Hanna Ulrika Bennison (Lomma, Sweden; October 16, 2002) is a Swedish footballer. She plays as a midfielder for Everton in the FA Women’s Super League in England and is capped by Sweden. She is an international with the Swedish national team. In January 2020, UEFA listed her among the 10 most promising youth players in Europe and in March 2021 she won the NxGn award for the best young female footballer in the world.
Bennison is from Lomma and joined his hometown GIF Nike team when he was five years old. He later joined the youth team of FC Rosengård. In April 2018, as a 15-year-old, he made his debut in the Swedish Damallsvenskan as a substitute in a match against IFK Kalmar. He finished the 2018 season with four games played in the league.
In 2019, Bennison’s development accelerated, making 18 appearances in which he scored 3 goals, with Rosengård winning the league. The club’s sporting director, Therese Sjögran, was surprised by Bennison’s rapid progress and only expected the youngster to appear in around six games that season. Despite Olympique Lyon’s interest in the midfielder, Bennison still did not want to leave Malmö, as she was still attending school.
Bennison missed most of the 2020 season due to injury and COVID-19. When she recovered in 2021, she faced stiff competition for the starting spot on the team, mainly from Ria Öling and Olivia Schough.
In August 2021, Bennison signed with Everton for four years.
On November 7, 2019, Bennison made his debut for Sweden’s senior national team in a 3-2 friendly loss to the United States.
National team coach Peter Gerhardsson kept Bennison in the squad for the 2020 Algarve Cup, where she got her first international start in a 1-0 loss to Germany. Teammate and national teammate Caroline Seger acknowledged Bennison’s great potential, but also tried to temper the hype: “she’s a 17-year-old girl, so it’s important to be careful with her.”
(*) Including National Team
- What is the origin of the American stereotypes about Swedish women?
- How did the Swedish army deal with prisoners of war in the Thirty Years War?
- Who is Swedens rightful king considering the coup d’etat of 1809 deposed the then rightful king?
- How did Imperial military discipline compare to the Swedish in 1632?
- Why did the Swedish colonies in America and Africa fail?
- Through what developments did Sweden end up in war in northern Africa in early 1800’s?
- Why have major sporting events been held every 4 years?