How did Upton Sinclair impact history?
Upton Sinclair was a famous novelist and social crusader from California, who pioneered the kind of journalism known as “muckraking.” His best-known novel was “The Jungle” which was an expose of the appalling and unsanitary conditions in the meat-packing industry.
Why was Upton Sinclair’s The Jungle important?
The Jungle, Upton Sinclair’s infamous 1906 book exposing the horrific conditions of the meatpacking industry, brought to light what was actually happening when the government didn’t step into businesses.
- Comment The Jungle d’Upton Sinclair contribue-t-il à l’historiographie ?
- ¿Cómo contribuye La jungla de Upton Sinclair a la historiografía?
- Do the edges of the CK3 map reflect real discontinuities in the medieval world?
- What factors enabled the New York Journal to survive the yellow journalism wars?
- ¿Reflejan los bordes del mapa CK3 las discontinuidades reales del mundo medieval?
- Les bords de la carte CK3 reflètent-ils des discontinuités réelles dans le monde médiéval ?
- Doomsday (film)