Who is the general that never lost a battle?
In antiquity, no one stands taller than Alexander the Great – the young military genius who never once lost a battle and established a vast empire that heralded a new historical era.
Do generals lead from the front?
Generals are not expected to “lead from the front” in modern warfare because their role involves detailed planning operations, co-ordinating logistics, communications and the movement of friendly units.
Who was Russia’s most feared general?
Suvorov is considered one of the greatest military commanders in Russian history and one of the great generals of the early modern period. He was awarded numerous medals, titles, and honors by Russia, as well as by other countries.
Who was the most feared general?
1. George S. Patton, Jr. No general was more controversial—or effective—during WWII than old “Blood-and-Guts.” The only American commander admired and feared by the German high command, Patton was the ultimate progenitor of mobile combat.
Do 4 star generals salute each other?
Among the very exclusive club of U.S. military generals, brigadier generals have to salute major generals and above, and major generals must salute lieutenant generals and up, but lieutenant generals only salute four-star generals — who only have to salute presidents. Needless to say, those stars are hard to come by.
Do you salute a general in the Army?
All military enlisted personnel in uniform are required to salute when they meet and recognize a commissioned or warrant officer, except when it is inappropriate or impractical (for example, if you’re carrying something using both hands).
How many generals has Russia lost in Ukraine?
A high number of Russian generals have been killed during the 2022 Russian invasion of Ukraine. As of , Ukrainian sources claimed that 14 Russian generals had been killed during the invasion.
Who is the undefeated general?
Who is the undefeated general in history? Khalid ibn al-Walid ibn al-Mughira al-Makhzumi (Arabic: خالد بن الوليد بن المغيرة المخزومي, romanized: Khālid ibn al-Walīd ibn al-Mughīra al-Makhzūmī; died 642) was a 7th-century Arab military commander. He initially headed campaigns against Muhammad on behalf of the Quraysh.
Who are the only 3 generals who never lost a battle?
Fyodor Ushakov – most illustrious Russian naval commander and admiral of the 18th century. Paul von Lettow-Vorbeck – general in the Prussian Army and the commander of its forces in the German East Africa campaign. Pál Kinizsi – Hungarian general in the service of king Matthias Corvinus.
- Did it matter that the Red Army clung on to Stalingrad’s West bank in 1942?
- 3 commander-in-chiefs of india can ever meet in one place
- Was Russia ready for amphibious invasion of Istanbul in 1914?
- Did German win any victories between Normandy and Bulge?
- Why the Rzhev battle is not as famous as Stalingrad?
- What did General McAuliffe actually say at Bastogne?
- Was Erich Ludendorff any form of nobility?