Where did Israelites live before Israel?
The Israelites were a confederation of Iron Age Semitic-speaking tribes of the ancient Near East, who inhabited a part of Canaan during the tribal and monarchic periods.
What is the old name of Palestine?
After Herodotus, the term `Palestine’ came to be used for the entire region which was formerly known as Canaan. The region is part of the so-called fertile crescent and human habitation there can be traced back to before 10, 000 BCE.
- What do we currently know about the ethnic origins of Jews?
- Quelles polités juives souveraines ont existé en dehors de la Palestine ?
- Is there any speech dialogue on record on Palestine independence day given by the Great Britain Prime minister?
- Was the Jewish population expelled from the Jerusalem after the siege of 70 AD or after the Bar Kokhba revolt?
- Are there non-Biblical references to collecting foreskins?
- Why couldn’t the Arabs invade Palestine before the end of the British Mandate?
- What is the oldest inscription of Yahweh found?