How long did the War of 1812 actually last?
two years and eight months
The war lasted from June 1812-February 1815, a span of two years and eight months. When did the War of 1812 end? Peace negotiations began in late 1814, but slow communication across the Atlantic (and indeed across the United States) prolonged the war and also led to numerous tactical errors for both sides.
- Were there any attempts to achieve peace in WW1 before 1918?
- Did the world suffer a general economic decline in 1870?
- Historically, was the War of 1812 ever called by another name?
- When was the last time someone was condemned to slavery as a punishment in the United States?
- How were years numbered on the Republican Calendar?
- When was the Eastern Front founded?
- What was the role of Egypt in Soviet-Afghan war?